The Division strives to offer ongoing learning opportunities for persons who wish to expand their knowledge and skills in occupational science and occupational therapy.
Pathways To Excellence
Designed for the experienced clinician but accessible to all master’s students, these courses are key building blocks in creating programs of study with specific occupational therapy specialty focus areas, enabling graduate students to both broaden and deepen their knowledge and expertise in cutting-edge practice areas.
- OT 560 School-based Practice
- OT 564 Sensory Integration Theory
- OT 571 Assistive Technology
- OT 572 Ergonomics
- OT 573 Hand Rehabilitation
- OT 574 Enhancing Motor Control for Occupation
- OT 575 Dysphagia Across the Lifespan: Pediatrics through Geriatrics
- OT 576 Universal Design
- OT 578 Therapeutic Communication for the Healthcare Practitioner
- OT 583 Lifestyle Redesign
- OT 584 Clinical Applications of Telehealth Technologies
- OT 610 Sensory Integrative Dysfunction
Read Course Descriptions here.
November 8 & 15, 2014 USC Health Sciences Campus
Come back soon for more information!
Life Management Continuing Education Series
Available via Distance Learning only
The USC Life Management series prepares you to work with patients to both prevent and better manage chronic health conditions such as obesity, diabetes, chronic pain, stress and behavioral health in all practice settings. Modules include: Introduction to Lifestyle Redesign®, Weight and Diabetes Management, Chronic Pain and Headache Management, and Biopsychosocial Dimensions of Creating Life Balance.
For additional information on the Life Management series and to view system requirements for distance learning, please go to: http://chan.usc.edu/academics/continuing-education/life-management-series
Ayres Sensory Integration® Training Course
Offered every January, April and September.
Course Location: University of Southern California (Health Sciences Campus) and Pediatric Therapy Network (Torrance, CA)
Proposed 2015 Course Dates:
- January 5 - April 11, 2015
- April 13 - July 18, 2015
- September 8 - December 18, 2015
For additional information on the Ayres Sensory Integration® Training Course, please go to: http://chan.usc.edu/academics/continuing-education/sensory-integration
For information on USC Continuing Education
For general questions