The Division strives to offer ongoing learning opportunities for persons who wish to expand their knowledge and skills in occupational science and occupational therapy.
For information on USC Continuing Education visit continuingeducation.usc.edu.
Any occupational therapist who wishes to attend one or more USC courses for credit towards a degree as a “limited status” student is invited to contact Director of Admissions Elizabeth Carley.
Pathways To Excellence
Designed for the experienced clinician but accessible to all master’s students, these courses are key building blocks in creating programs of study with specific occupational therapy specialty focus areas, enabling graduate students to both broaden and deepen their knowledge and expertise in cutting-edge practice areas.
- OT 560 School-based Practice
- OT 564 Sensory Integration Theory
- OT 571 Assistive Technology
- OT 572 Ergonomics
- OT 573 Hand Rehabilitation
- OT 574 Enhancing Motor Control for Occupation
- OT 575 Dysphagia Across the Lifespan: Pediatrics through Geriatrics
- OT 576 Universal Design
- OT 578 Therapeutic Communication for the Healthcare Practitioner
- OT 583 Lifestyle Redesign®
- OT 584 Clinical Applications of Telehealth Technologies
- OT 610 Sensory Integrative Dysfunction (Offered every January, April and September.)
Read Course Descriptions here.
Life Management Series
The USC Life Management Series prepares you to work with patients to better manage chronic health and medical conditions such as obesity, diabetes, chronic pain, multiple sclerosis, stress, behavioral health, and autism spectrum disorders.
Upcoming (Live) Course:
- March 23, 2018 — Lifestyle Redesign® for Weight Management, Diabetes and Related Co-morbid Conditions (6 contact hours)
The above course will be available via distance learning approximately 2 weeks after the live course date.
Courses available distance learning:
- Introduction to Lifestyle Redesign®* (6 contact hours)
- Lifestyle Redesign® for Chronic Pain and Headache Management (6 contact hours)
- Biopsychosocial Dimensions of Creating Life Balance (6 contact hours)
- Lifestyle Redesign® for Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (3 contact hours)
- Lifestyle Redesign® for Individuals with Multiple Sclerosis (3 contact hours)
*Introduction to Lifestyle Redesign® is a pre-requisite for all other courses in the Life Management Series. The pre-requisite is waived for anyone who has taken the USC OT583 Lifestyle Redesign® course or the AOTA Lifestyle Redesign® Webcast Series, Units 1-6.
USC Sensory Integration Continuing Education (CE) Certificate Program
For additional information, please go to chan.usc.edu/academics/sensory-integration/continuing-education
Assessment of Motor and Process Skills (AMPS) Course
February 24-28, 2018
USC Health Sciences Campus
Special early bird discount pricing through February 2, 2018:
Registration through Center for Innovative OT Solutions at http://store.innovativeotsolutions.com/training-courses/amps-training-courses/amps-usc-ca-usa-feb-24-feb-28-2018
Registration closes on February 9, 2018.