USC/WPS Sensory Integration Certification Program
The four course series is designed for individuals seeking in-depth knowledge in sensory integration theory and practice. The courses follow a logical progression, and participants are advised to take them in sequence, from 1 to 4. Upon completing all four courses, within 5 years, participants are eligible for Certification in Sensory Integration, including Administering and Interpreting the Sensory Integration and Praxis Test™. This certificate, issued by the USC Division of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy and Western Psychological Services, acknowledges competency in several areas:
- The theoretical foundations of sensory integration
- Clinical reasoning strategies for using SI in practice
- Identifying the contributions of sensory integration to development
- Administering the SIPT, the Sensory Processing Measure, clinical observations and related measures
- Interpreting evaluation results from research findings from SIPT and related measures
- Planning intervention strategies
- Implementing intervention using sensory strategies in various contexts
Benefits of the four-course series include:
- World-renowned instructors
The USC/WPS courses were developed by eminent leaders in the field of occupational therapy who studied directly with Dr. A. Jean Ayres, founder of the sensory integration frame of reference; Ayres Sensory Integration®. All instructors are occupational therapy scholars, researchers or master clinicians with expertise in sensory processing and sensory-related deficits.
- Comprehensive training
Each five-day course provides 30 contact hours of continuing education credit.
- Practical knowledge
Learn clinical reasoning and practical intervention techniques that you can immediately implement in practice and daily life.
- Live, hands-on demonstration
Observe classic sensory integration assessment and intervention demonstrated by master clinicians with children with identified needs.
- Acquire Certification in Sensory Integration including the SIPT
Sensory Integration Certification Program sponsored by USC/WPS is the most highly regarded post-graduate pathway to advanced competency in sensory integration theory and intervention.
Erna Imperatore Blanche PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA
Gina Geppert Coleman, MA, OTR/L
Dottie Ecker MA, OTR/L, FAOTA
Susan Knox PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA
Zoe Mailloux MA, OTR/L, FAOTA
Shay McAtee MA, OTR/L
Terri Chew Nishimura MA, OTR/L
Diane Parham PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA
Susanne Smith Roley OTD, OTR/L, FAOTA
Susan Spitzer PhD, OTR/L