Post-Professional Online Master of Arts Degree
We are pleased to announce the launching of our Online Post-Professional Master of Arts degree program for practicing occupational therapists.
All applicants to the Master of Arts program must satisfy the following general criteria:
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree in Occupational Therapy with a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 from an accredited college or university, or WFOT approved program.*
- Completion of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general test within the last five years with a minimum score of 153 on the verbal section, 144 on the quantitative section, and 3.5 on the analytical writing.
- Three letters of recommendation from among professors, therapists, and/or other professionals familiar with your capabilities and achievements.
- A personal statement in response to the following prompt: Please describe your interests, skills, goals, and professional accomplishments including why you are choosing a graduate program. (Double-spaced, max. 600 words)
- Demonstrated English Proficiency: Please see this link for the university’s requirements regarding English Proficiency. If required, language test scores must be earned within two years of intended enrollment. Minimum scores are as follows:
- An Internet Based TOEFL (iBT) score of 90 with no less than 20 on each sub-score; or
- An IELTS of 6.5 with no less than 6 on each band score.
*Conditional admission may be possible if one of the following GPA and GRE criteria is slightly below the requirement: (1) cumulative GPA, (2) verbal score, (3) quantitative score, (4) analytical writing score. If you have questions about your specific situation, please feel free to contact us.
Apply online through the USC Graduate Admissions website keeping in mind that it can take 3-4 weeks to process each application, once you submit it. You may find the “Occupational Therapy - Online Postbaccalaureate (M.A.)” program after selecting the “Independent Health Professions” under the school you are applying to.
Materials to be submitted by applicants
- Request an official GRE general test score report sent to both the USC Office of Admissions (code #4852) and to the department (code #0618).
- Send official transcripts from all colleges you have attended to the USC Office of Admission, as directed in the online application process and according to this link to the following address:
University of Southern California
Office of Admission and Financial Aid
3601 South Flower Street, Room 112
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0911
- Request three letters of recommendation from among professors, practitioners, or other professionals familiar with your capabilities and achievements, utilizing the process provided in the online application. It includes a form to be completed as well as uploading a personalized letter. Writers may also send forms and letters directly to the Chan Division at the following address:
USC Mrs. T.H. Chan Division of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy
1540 Alcazar Street, CHP 133
Los Angeles, CA 90089-9003
- If you are an international applicant please see this link for details regarding what academic records you will need to submit.
- If you are required to submit TOEFL scores (please see above for details), have your scores sent to the USC Office of Admissions (code #4852).