The Trojan Family
Being a member of the Trojan family connects you with one of the strongest educational communities in the world. Comprising thousands of alumni, students, faculty, staff, athletic fans, neighborhood partners, and others, it is not the size of this network, but the community of genuine caring and support which makes the Trojan Family truly unique.
A Day in the Life of an OT Student
Though student schedules do vary, here is an example of a typical day for one MA-II student in the first year:
- 7:00 am: Wake-up and turn on the coffee pot before I pick out what to wear.
- 7:15 am: Take a shower and get dressed.
- 7:45 am: Pour myself a cup of coffee, eat breakfast, and quickly check my email.
- 8:30 am: Pack my lunch, grab my things, and start the commute. I have to allow for traffic on the 10 freeway and also a little extra time to find parking.
- 9:00 am: Go to lecture.
- 11:00 am: Take a short break—Great time to get a refill of my coffee if I need more.
- 11:15 am: Resume lecture or lab.
- 12:30 pm: Lunch with classmates.
- 1:30 pm: Attend my next lecture.
- 3:30 pm: Catch up on work or go to the gym for an hour to run or do yoga.
- 6:30 pm: Drive to meet up with friends to cook dinner and maybe watch TV.
- 8:30 pm: Go home and check email. Complete necessary readings or review notes.
- 10:00 pm: Get ready for bed.
For more resources on student life at USC, visit USC Student Life.