Connecting to the S: drive with a Mac
In order for Macintosh computers to connect to the new file server, they must be running Cisco AnyConnect VPN client and connected to USC. If you do not have AnyConnect on your Mac, please download it at https://sslvpn2.usc.edu. Remember to use your USC password, not your division password, when connecting to USC.
Once you have VPN running, complete the following to access the S: and U: drives.
- Within Finder, go to Go → Connect to Server….
- In the Server Address bar, type one of the following, then click Connect:
- For the Shared drive (S:), type smb://fs.osot.usc.edu/osot$
- For your User drive (U:), type smb://fs.osot.usc.edu/users$/username, replacing username with your own Chan division username (for example, smb://fs.osot.usc.edu/users$/wolcott).
- For the LawMatt drive (R:), type smb://fs.osot.usc.edu/lawmatt$
- When prompted for a username and password, type in OSOT\username (your own Chan division username), and your Chan division password.
When you finish, log off and be sure to disconnect from VPN.