Connecting to the S: drive with a Mac
In order for Macintosh computers to connect to the new file server, they must be running Cisco AnyConnect VPN client and connected to USC. If you do not have AnyConnect on your mac, please download it at https://sslvpn2.usc.edu. Remember to use your USC password, not your division password, when connecting to USC.
Once you have VPN running, complete the following to access the S: and U: drives.
- Within Finder, go to Go -> Connect to Server….
- In the Server Address bar, type one of the following, then click Connect:
- For the Shared drive (S:), type – smb://fs.osot.usc.edu/osot$
- For your User drive (U:), type – smb://fs.osot.usc.edu/users$/“username” replacing “username” with your username without quotes (My U: drive would be smb://fs.osot.usc.edu/users$/wolcott).
- For the LawMatt drive (R:), type – smb://fs.osot.usc.edu/lawmatt$
- When prompted for a username and password, type in OSOT\“username” (your username without the quotes) and your new OSOT-based password.
When you finish, log off and be sure to disconnect from VPN.