Connecting to the S: drive with a Mac
In order for Macintosh computers to connect to the new file server, please delete any references to smb://ihp-fs.ihpnet.usc.edu/…. within the Finder. Once these connections have been deleted, complete the following to access the new file shares:
- Within Finder, go to Go -> Connect to Server….
- In the Server Address bar, type one of the following, then click Connect:
- For the Shared drive (S:), type – smb://ot-fs.osot.usc.edu/osot$
- For your User drive (U:), type – smb://ot-fs.osot.usc.edu/users$/”username” replacing “username” with your username without quotes (My U: drive would be smb://ot-fs.osot.usc.edu/users$/wolcott).
- For the LawMatt drive (R:), type – smb://ot-fs.osot.usc.edu/lawmatt$
- When prompted for a username and password, type in OSOT\”username” (your username without the quotes) and your new OSOT-based password.