Home Outlook Instructions
If you would like to access your exchange email account using Outlook on your home computer, and you are running Office 2010/2013, you can configure Outlook on your home computer to access the division exchange server by following the instructions below.
Outlook 2010/2013 Configuration
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2010/2013.
- Click Next at the “Outlook 2010/2013 Startup” box.
- Click Next at the “Account Configuration” box.
- Click the checkbox labeled “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and click Next.
- Select the “Microsoft Exchange” and click Next.
- Type mail.osot.usc.edu in the “Microsoft Exchange server:” box, Last Name, First Name in the “User Name:” box, and click “More Settings…”
- If presented, click OK at the Microsoft Office Outlook warning box.
- If presented, click Cancel at the Microsoft Exchange Server dialog box.
- Click on the Connection tab.
- Check the “Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP”, and then click Exchange Proxy Settings…
- Type mail.osot.usc.edu into the “https:// Connection settings” box.
- Check the “On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, and then connect using TCP/IP”.
- Change the “Proxy authentication settings” drop-down box to Basic Authentication.
- Click OK at the “Microsoft Exchange Proxy Settings” box.
- Click OK at the “Microsoft Exchange” box.
- Click OK at the “Microsoft Office Outlook” restart warning box.
- Click Next at the “Add New E-mail Account” box.
- Click Finish.