Home Outlook Instructions
If you would like to access your exchange email account using Outlook on your home computer, and you are running Office 2007 or Office 2010, you can configure Outlook on your home computer to access the division exchange server by following the instructions below.
Outlook 2007/2010 Configuration
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2007/2010.
- Click Next at the “Outlook 2007/2010 Startup” box.
- Click Next at the “Account Configuration” box.
- Click the checkbox labeled “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and click Next.
- Select the “Microsoft Exchange” and click Next.
- Type otmail.usc.edu in the “Microsoft Exchange server:” box, Last Name, First Name in the “User Name:” box, and click “More Settings…”
- If presented, click OK at the Microsoft Office Outlook warning box.
- If presented, click Cancel at the Microsoft Exchange Server dialog box.
- Click on the Connection tab.
- Check the “Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP”, and then click Exchange Proxy Settings…
- Type otmail.usc.edu into the “https:// Connection settings” box.
- Check the “On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, and then connect using TCP/IP”.
- Change the “Proxy authentication settings” drop-down box to Basic Authentication.
- Click OK at the “Microsoft Exchange Proxy Settings” box.
- Click OK at the “Microsoft Exchange” box.
- Click OK at the “Microsoft Office Outlook” restart warning box.
- Click Next at the “Add New E-mail Account” box.
- Click Finish.