Lifestyle Redesign® for Smoking Cessation
Many people find it challenging to stop the use of tobacco products on their own. This is why Lifestyle Redesign® for Smoking Cessation was developed. This program focuses on finding quit strategies that are safe, realistic, and sustainable. You will incorporate enjoyable, health-promoting habits into your lifestyle while eliminating those habits that increase your risk of lifelong conditions. Ultimately, you will get the support you need to achieve greater satisfaction and pleasure in what you do each day. Our experienced occupational therapists will work with you to address a variety of concerns related to cessation of tobacco products, including:
- Identifying and managing your physical, emotional, and social triggers
- Modifying your work and home environment to decrease cues to smoking
- Addressing social and emotional issues related to smoking
- Creating a craving management and relapse prevention plan
- Learning mindfulness and impulse control strategies
- Preventing and controlling chronic conditions which result from tobacco use
- Adjusting daily routines to support engagement in work, rest, and play
- Finding healthy pleasures and non-tobacco rewards
- Learning and practicing stress management and relaxation techniques
- Developing healthy eating and exercise routines
- Increasing your energy and improving your overall health
How It Works
- You will meet individually with an occupational therapist to review your current situation and create a customized plan of action for future sessions.
- You will work together to create an in-depth analysis of your daily activities to identify key areas that affect your success and quality of life.
- You will learn about withdrawal patterns as well as how to control and reduce cravings through various cognitive and behavioral techniques.
- You will explore healthy alternatives and helpful supports to boost your motivation and stay quit.
View/download the Lifestyle Redesign® for Smoking Cessation brochure.
Get More Information/Contact Us
To make an appointment, or for more information, contact us today!