Life Management Series | Lifestyle Redesign® for Mental Health
February 15, 2019
University of Southern California
Health Sciences Campus, CHP G37
Los Angeles, CA
This course (3 hours) provides you with the knowledge and tools to implement an occupational therapy intervention for the prevention and/or management of mental health conditions such as stress, anxiety, depression, ADHD, substance use and burnout. Specific program models for serving college students and for workplace wellness are explored. Detailed intervention materials and case studies to use in conjunction with the Introduction to Lifestyle Redesign® methodology course are provided.
The Introduction to Lifestyle Redesign® course is a prerequisite to the other courses in the Life Management Series, and must be completed first.
- Describe the physiological, psychological and behavioral impacts of mental health conditions such as stress, anxiety, depression, ADHD, substance use, and burnout
- Identify common comorbidities and impact on chronic conditions
- Recognize relevant models of intervention from occupational therapy and other related professions
- Design occupational therapy lifestyle interventions to address mental health conditions
- Analyze relevant documentation, billing and reimbursement issues for this type of treatment
- 9:00–9:45 — Discussion of prevalence and impact of mental health conditions: stress, anxiety, depression, ADHD, substance abuse, and burnout on health management and risk of chronic health conditions
- 9:45–10:15 — Barriers, facilitators and Lifestyle Redesign® treatment interventions for adults and adolescents in physical activity, sleep, coping, social participation, and eating routines
- 10:15–10:45 — Barriers, facilitators and Lifestyle Redesign® treatment interventions for college students in time management and focus
- 10:45–11:00 — Break
- 11:00–11:30 — Barriers, facilitators and Lifestyle Redesign® treatment interventions for workplace wellness
- 11:30–12:00 — Strategies for documentation, billing, and reimbursement
- 12:00–12:15 — Case study applications
- 12:15 — Learning outcomes and course evaluation
About the Presenters
Tracy Jalaba OTD, OTR/L completed her doctoral residency at the USC Occupational Therapy Faculty Practice, where she focused on expanding and improving the Lifestyle Redesign® program for adults and adolescents with autism spectrum disorders (ASD). As a clinical faculty member, Dr. Jalaba continues to work with clients in a variety of programs at OTFP with an emphasis on clients in the mental health, college student and ASD Lifestyle Redesign® programs. Additionally, Dr. Jalaba works as a team member representing occupational therapy at USC Disability Services & Programs.
Marissa Marchioni OTD, OTR/L, CEAS received her Doctorate of Occupational Therapy degree in 2017 from the University of Southern California. Her clinical residency was completed at the USC Occupational Therapy Faculty Practice where she provided Lifestyle Redesign services and explored Lifestyle Redesign applications for workplace wellness. As a clinical faculty member, she provides Lifestyle Redesign® services across several programs including diabetes management, weight management, mental health and ergonomics.
|Course||Regular||AOTA members and USC Chan alumni|
|Lifestyle Redesign® for Mental Health||$90||$80|
General Course Information
Audience. This course is designed for OTs, OTAs, and others as an introductory level course; however, all levels of experience are welcome as are all areas of practice.
Schedule. Sign-in begins 30 minutes before the start of the course (8:30 am sign in, 9 am course).
CEU Credit. Participants must sign in and out. Participants must complete a learning outcomes and course evaluation in order to receive a certificate of completion. Certificates will be available at the end of the course. Participants not fulfilling these requirements will not receive a certificate. Keep a copy of the brochure and certificate for your records.
Cancellation Policy. A refund, less $50 administrative fee, will be made if a cancellation notice is received 10 business days prior to the first course date. Cancellation by instructors will result in full refund.
Special Needs Requests. If you require ADA accommodations, please contact us at (323) 442-2811 at least two weeks before the course date for arrangements.
How to Register
- Register for the Lifestyle Redesign® for Mental Health course online →
- Or, download, complete, and mail the Lifestyle Redesign® for Mental Health brochure/registration form.
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.