Lifestyle Redesign® for Mental Health
This course (3 hours) provides you with the knowledge and tools to implement an occupational therapy intervention for the prevention and/or management of mental health conditions such as stress, anxiety, depression, ADHD, substance use and burnout. Specific program models for serving college students and for workplace wellness are explored. Detailed intervention materials and case studies to use in conjunction with the Introduction to Lifestyle Redesign® methodology course are provided.
The Introduction to Lifestyle Redesign® course is a prerequisite to the other courses in the Life Management Series, and must be completed first.
- Describe the physiological, psychological and behavioral impacts of mental health conditions such as stress, anxiety, depression, ADHD, substance use, and burnout
- Identify common comorbidities and impact on chronic conditions
- Recognize relevant models of intervention from occupational therapy and other related professions
- Design occupational therapy lifestyle interventions to address mental health conditions
- Analyze relevant documentation, billing and reimbursement issues for this type of treatment
- Discussion of prevalence and impact of mental health conditions: stress, anxiety, depression, ADHD, substance abuse, and burnout on health management and risk of chronic health conditions
- Barriers, facilitators and Lifestyle Redesign® treatment interventions for adults and adolescents in physical activity, sleep, coping, social participation, and eating routines
- Barriers, facilitators and Lifestyle Redesign® treatment interventions for college students in time management and focus
- Barriers, facilitators and Lifestyle Redesign® treatment interventions for workplace wellness
- Strategies for documentation, billing, and reimbursement
- Case study applications
About the Presenters
Tracy Jalaba OTD, OTR/L completed her doctoral residency at the USC Occupational Therapy Faculty Practice, where she focused on expanding and improving the Lifestyle Redesign® program for adults and adolescents with autism spectrum disorders (ASD). As a clinical faculty member, Dr. Jalaba continues to work with clients in a variety of programs at OTFP with an emphasis on clients in the mental health, college student and ASD Lifestyle Redesign® programs. Additionally, Dr. Jalaba works as a team member representing occupational therapy at USC Disability Services & Programs.
Marissa Marchioni OTD, OTR/L, CEAS received her Doctorate of Occupational Therapy degree in 2017 from the University of Southern California. Her clinical residency was completed at the USC Occupational Therapy Faculty Practice where she provided Lifestyle Redesign services and explored Lifestyle Redesign applications for workplace wellness. As a clinical faculty member, she provides Lifestyle Redesign® services across several programs including diabetes management, weight management, mental health and ergonomics.
|Course||Regular||AOTA members and USC Chan alumni|
|Lifestyle Redesign® for Mental Health||$90||$80|
General Course Information
Prerequisite | show
The Introduction to Lifestyle Redesign® is a prerequisite to the other courses in the Life Management Series, and must be completed first.
Audience | show
This course is designed for OTs, OTAs, and others as an introductory level course; however all levels of experience are welcome as are all areas of practice.
Take the course on your own time | show
Participants have 7 days to complete a course once receiving access.
CEU credit | show
Participants must complete a learning outcomes and course evaluation in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants not fulfilling these requirements will not receive a certificate. Keep a copy of the brochure and certificate for your records.
Cancellation policy | show
A link is sent to all registrants to view at their convenience; therefore, no refunds will be granted.
System requirements | show
Online courses are presented online using Mediasite technology. To be able to view the course, you’ll need to use a computer that meets certain requirements. You can test whether your computer meets the Mediasite viewing requirements at the Mediasite website.
AOTA Classification codes
Lifestyle Redesign®; Stress Management; Wellness/Health Promotion
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
.3 CEUs (3 contact hours)