Division Electives Information
- Specialty Practice Courses are elective courses designed to enable graduate students to broaden and deepen their knowledge and expertise in contemporary practice areas. They may be taken for 2-4 units depending on the semester.
- Clinical Experiences (OT 500; A, B, C) include participation in various clinical/health settings in the community. May be taken for 2-4 units.
- Research Experiences (OT 590) include participation in research projects with USC community partners. May be taken for 2-6 units.
- Independent Study (OT 500/590) enables students to research a topic or participate in a clinical experience of their choice, supervised by a USC faculty member. May be taken for 2-6 units.
- Other Options. You may take 4 units outside the USC Chan Division at the 500-level or higher.
- Spring 2019 Elective Instructions
- Spring 2019 Elective Course Options
- Spring 2019 Elective Request Form
- 12 units of electives are required for graduation.
- At least 8 units must be OT electives, but all 12 units may be OT electives.
- 4 units may be taken outside the division if they are at the 500-level or higher.
How do I register for my Spring 2019 Electives?
- Select 12 units of your choice. Complete the Spring 2018 Elective Request Form.
- If a course requires an interview, the instructor will contact the student via email or phone to make an appointment.