Doctorate of Occupational Therapy (OTD) Degree | USC Chan Students
This information is for current USC Chan Master’s students who qualify for expedited admission to the OTD program. If you are not a Master’s student at USC Chan, or do not meet the requirements for the expedited admission process, please see the standard OTD admissions process.
If you are a current USC Chan Master’s student continuing into the OTD program, you only need to submit an updated resumé on your application. The letters of recommendation, personal statement, transcripts and GRE score reports are waived.
If you are a current USC Chan Master’s student admitted into the OTD program with a GPA or GRE score under the minimums below, you will have a registration hold applied as a condition of your admission. As long as you complete the first 8 units of the OTD program with a 3.0 GPA, the registration hold will be removed.
- Earned a grade point average (GPA) of 3.25 or above throughout your Master’s program
- Attained a minimum of 153 on the verbal section, 144 on the quantitative section, and 3.5 on the analytical writing section of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) within 5 years of planned enrollment
The Division’s Admissions Committee will review your application once all your application materials have been received. To be considered for a USC Chan-affiliated Residency, the application deadline is October 1. The regular decision deadline, as well as the deadline to be considered for a USC Chan merit-based scholarship, is February 15.
Applications received after this date are also welcome and will be processed on a space available basis. Please contact our admissions team with specific questions regarding the OTD timeline and start dates.
All USC Chan students and alumni are eligible to waive the application fee for the OTD. Please read the USC Office of Graduate Admissions’ information about graduate application fee waivers carefully as you will have to follow these step-by-step instructions in order to get your application fee waived. Please allow graduate admissions up to a week for your fee waiver to be granted. Please contact graduate admissions directly with any questions related to the fee waiver.
You may apply online anytime through the USC Graduate Admissions website. You will find the “Occupational Therapy (OTD)” program after selecting the “Independent Health Professions” under the school to which you are applying.
Materials to be Submitted
- An updated resumé
- English Proficiency: If your entry-level degree was earned in a non-English speaking country and you are not a US citizen or permanent resident, you need to submit scores from an official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System). We require that you have verification of the following scores within two years of your intended enrollment:
- An Internet Based TOEFL (iBT) score of 90 with no less than 20 on each sub-score; or
- An IELTS of 6.5 with no less than 6 on each band score.
If your native language is English and/or you have an entry-level degree from a U.S. college or university, you are exempted from this examination. If you have questions about division requirements for the TOEFL, please contact Amber Bennett.