Chan Faculty/Staff Resources
Using Cisco AnyConnect VPN
To access the Division’s remote drives (S:, U:, and R:/LawMatt) from outside of USC, you need to first run the Cisco AnyConnect VPN program to create a secure connection between your computer and USC. If you don’t have Cisco AnyConnect VPN on your computer, follow the instructions for downloading and installing Cisco AnyConnect VPN.
If you are at USC, using either the local network, or USC Secure Wireless (not USC Guest Wireless), you don’t need to run Cisco AnyConnect VPN to access the Division’s remote drives.
Connecting to Remote Drives (S:, U:, and R:/LawMatt) from from Mac
To access the Division’s remote drives (S:, U:, and R:/LawMatt) from your Mac:
- If you are outside of USC, run Cisco AnyConnect VPN to create a secure connection between your computer and USC. (If you are at USC, you can skip this step.)
- Within Finder, go to Go → Connect to Server….
- Type the address of the remote drive you want in the Server Address: box, then click Connect.
- The address of the Shared (S:) drive is smb://fs1.osot.usc.edu/osot$
- The address of the User (U:) drive is smb://fs1.osot.usc.edu/users$/username, where username is your Chan Division username.
- The address of the LawMatt (R:) drive is smb://fs1.osot.usc.edu/lawmatt$
Drives that you’ve accessed before might appear under Favorite Servers:. Double-click to access any of these.
A window will appear which asks for your name and password. Name is your Chan Division username, and Password is your Chan Division password. Make sure that Connect As: is set to Registered User. Click Connect.
(If your username doesn’t seem to work as is, try using OSOT\username.)
- When you’re finished using the remote drive, quit the Cisco AnyConnect VPN program to close the secure connection.