Adolescents and Adults on the Autism/Asperger’s Spectrum
The Lifestyle Redesign® program for Autism/Asperger’s Spectrum supports adults and adolescents in achieving their independent living, academic and/or career goals. Occupational therapy services help people incorporate lifestyle changes to improve engagement in meaningful activity, increase participation in the community, build skills and enhance overall quality of life. This is accomplished by:
- Setting personal goals
- Developing health promoting daily routines
- Increasing social and communication skills
- Developing strategies to cope with stress and anxiety
- Utilizing adaptive sensory strategies in multiple environments
- Creating transition strategies for different settings, environments, people, and life phases
- Increasing community integration and participation
- Accepting and coping with the diagnosis through self-advocacy
- Improving use of assistive technology support
- Making changes to various environments to optimize success
How It Works
- Call to schedule an appointment.
- Meet individually with an occupational therapist to review your current needs and goals for the future sessions.
- Participate in weekly sessions with your occupational therapist. Sessions are typically 30-60 minutes and the number of sessions varies by person.
- A physician referral may be required to initiate services.
- Payment options include insurance coverage and self-pay rates.
- The USC Occupational Therapy Faculty Practice is not a vendor of the Regional Center.
To make an appointment, check your insurance benefits, or for more information, contact us today!