Lifestyle Redesign® Pain Management Program
If living with pain is keeping you from fully enjoying your life, our specialized Pain Management Program is for you. Living with chronic pain can not only limit your physical abilities, but can also disturb sleep patterns and contribute to feelings of isolation, anxiety, depression and helplessness. Some medications may treat symptoms, but can result in severe side effects. In the Pain Management Program, our experienced occupational therapists will work with you to create a healthy, productive and meaningful lifestyle with sustainable results.
Each week in the program, you will explore topics like:
- Stress and the “Relapse Dynamic”
- Body mechanics and posture
- Energy conservation
- Time management
- Optimizing your home environment
How It Works
- You will partner with your OT to create an in-depth analysis of your daily activities to identify areas that add or detract from your quality of life.
- You will restructure routines to include healthy habits and activities.
- Your therapist will make an ergonomic assessment of your home or work environment and recommend areas of improvement.
- You will learn about the pain cycle and ways to control and reduce pain through various stress and relaxation techniques.
- You can explore vocational alternatives that might lead to greater productivity and satisfaction.
“I’ve been able to come up with creative ways to change how I do things and decrease my pain.”
– Participant, Lifestyle Redesign Pain Management Program
Please complete our Physician Referral Form and Health Questionnaire for the Lifestyle Redesign® Pain Management program, and either fax them to us at (323) 442-3351 or bring them to your first session.
To make an appointment or for more information contact us today!