Lifestyle Redesign® Weight Management Program
The Lifestyle Redesign® Weight Management Program is based on sound medical research, and has proven successful with thousands of clients. This customized treatment helps you to establish healthy individualized lifestyle choices to enable you to lose weight in ways that are safe, realistic and sustainable.
You will find greater satisfaction and pleasure in what you do each day, while you lose weight and keep it off. Each week in the program, you will explore topics like:
- Healthy eating
- Physical activity and exercise
- Balancing work, rest and play
- Stress and time management
- Finding healthy pleasures and non-food rewards
- The link between your daily choices and chronic conditions (such as diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.)
- Increasing your energy
- Emotional issues tied to food
- Social eating
- Healthy cooking and dining out
- Increasing meaningful activity while decreasing draining activity
How It Works
- You meet for 30-60 minutes weekly with your occupational therapist.
- You partner with your OT to customize a healthy eating plan that works for you.
- You reorganize current routines and develop new ones to create a balance of healthy habits.
- The result is greater energy, improved health, a better quality of life and a sustainable weight loss that meets your personal goals.
- We also hold group sessions. Please ask our receptionist if we plan to start a group soon.
Andrea* came to the USC Occupational Therapy Faculty Practice after trying multiple diets that never worked. Both Andrea’s health and attitude were suffering from being obese, but she had become frustrated and hopeless about ever losing weight.
“I started the program in June 2008. I am considered to be severely obese for my height. I had basically given up hope of ever losing a single pound. From about 1982 through 1995, I was off and on different diets, they were always drastic and what I lost never stayed off. Now I have a whole different perspective about my lifestyle choices. It’s not a diet for me, it’s a new way of life. No tricks, no buying pre-portioned food. Learning the science of nutrition, learning to gradually make better choices and positive reinforcement from the therapist and students have really changed my life, for the better.”
– Andrea* (name changed to protect privacy)
“Having other members in the group helped lead to my success. Watching them grow as people while we all learned, week after week, was very encouraging.”
– Participant, Lifestyle Redesign Weight Management
To make an appointment or for more information contact us today!