Lifestyle Redesign® for Headaches Program
Lifestyle Redesign® for Headaches is a unique and specialized pain management program based on headache prevention research. This customized group or individual treatment helps you to identify headache triggers and establish healthy lifestyle choices in order to prevent headaches and enhance the quality of your life.
Chronic pain is a major issue in the current medical system. When your pain is “invisible” such as a headache, it is hard for other people to see how it affects your daily life. USC’s occupational therapists understand that people who experience chronic pain often feel isolated, depressed, anxious, and helpless. Our occupational therapists work with each individual to create a healthy, productive, and meaningful lifestyle at their pace and comfort level.
Program Topics Include
- Lifestyle Balance
- Healthy Habits and Routines (sleep, exercise, eating routines)
- Dietary Triggers and Supplements
- Stress Management
- Ergonomics for your home and workplace
- Sensory Processing
- Pain Communication Skills
- Managing Headaches in the Moment
How It Works
- You will meet individually with an occupational therapist to review your current situation and create a customized plan of action for future sessions.
- Choose individual or group-based sessions for 1-1.5 hours/week, for an average of 8 weeks.
- The result = increased knowledge of how lifestyle choices affect headaches along with enhanced personal control, productivity, and life satisfaction.
“This program is more than I thought it could ever be - it opened my eyes to how the ways I live my life affect my headaches.”
“I didn’t realize that they were other people going through the same pain. It helped me to learn from others by relating to their stories.”
- Participant, Lifestyle Redesign® for Chronic Headaches
To make an appointment or for more information contact us today!