Careers at USC Chan
Administrative Assistant II
Posted March 26, 2023
For more than 75 years, the University of Southern California has been working to ensure that people of every age and from every circumstance can live life to the fullest. Throughout the decades, Trojans near and far have advanced the profession of occupational therapy and the research discipline of occupational science. Today, the USC Chan Division of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy proudly carries this legacy forward as we aim to improve the quality of life of people and communities across the world.
We have a shared purpose here at USC Chan. Together, our researchers, educators, clinicians, students and alumni are dedicated to optimizing the engagement of people — especially those with disability, injury, illness, unhealthy lifestyles or chronic conditions — in the ordinary and extraordinary activities of life.
USC Chan Division of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy is looking for an Administrative Assistant II to join the team! This position will support the Associate Chair for Curriculum and Faculty, who oversees all academic programs and student affairs and the Associate Chair of Occupational Therapy Clinical Services, who oversees all clinical services to ensure that faculty/staff/student needs are addressed in a timely manner, including individual student learning needs and requirements.
- Organizes and expedites flow of work through supervisor’s office and/or administrative department. Initiates follow-up action. Serves as resource to others on departmental and university procedures or in the resolution of moderate to complex problems or issues. Interacts with university offices and/or supervisor’s subordinates to facilitate communications and information exchange.
- Composes and produces a variety of business correspondence, reports, confidential documents and/or forms, and related materials or guides the work of other staff who produce these materials. Reviews and signs, as authorized.
- Ensures confidentiality and controls access to sensitive information such as faculty or staff personnel files.
- Coordinates department public relations functions, as assigned, such as special events, conferences, seminars, etc. Arranges with vendors for sites, facilities, catering, guest accommodations, etc. Coordinates production and/or distribution of promotional materials.
- Researches and gathers data for departmental reports. Conducts preliminary analysis of data. Recommends report content and format to display findings most effectively.
- Assists in budget preparation by gathering historical data in a limited area, such as materials and supplies or salaries. Tracks and monitors assigned budget expenditures and/or special actions and reports on variances. Provides projections, as requested.
- Screens and prioritizes incoming calls, determining what contact or action is required for satisfactory disposition. Responds to inquiries or requests for information or refers to supervisor, as appropriate.
- Maintains unit or departmental database and related records. Enters and/or verifies database transactions. Provides technical support and design of enhancements.
- Provides guidance and direction to staff and/or student workers, as assigned. Schedules, assigns or prioritizes workloads. Sets appropriate deadlines.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree
Preferred Experience: 4 years
Assemble and organize numerical data Balance figures
Communicate with others to gather information Compose letters
Coordinate work of others
Establish filing systems
Maintain filing systems
Prioritize different projects
Understand and apply policies and procedures Use computer packages to prepare graphics Use computerized spreadsheets
Use database and/or word processing software Verify calculations
Writes memorandums for own signature
The hourly rate range for this position is $25.48 - $26.50. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree. Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 3 years Minimum Field of Expertise: Secretarial or specialized clerical and administrative experience
REQ20131539 Posted Date: 03/26/2023
Apply online at https://usccareers.usc.edu/job/los-angeles/administrative-assistant-ii/1209/46605917936