Lifestyle Redesign® for Chronic Headaches
Lifestyle Redesign® for Chronic Headaches is a unique and specialized pain management program based on headache prevention research. This customized group or individual treatment helps you to identify headache triggers and establish healthy lifestyle choices in order to prevent headaches and enhance the quality of your life.
Chronic pain is a major issue in the current medical system. When pain is “invisible” such as during a headache, it is hard for others to see how pain affects your daily life. USC’s occupational therapists understand that people who experience chronic pain often feel isolated, depressed, anxious and helpless. Our occupational therapists work with every individual to create a healthy, productive and meaningful lifestyle at your pace and comfort level.
Program Topics Include
- Lifestyle balance
- Healthy habits and routines (sleep, exercise, eating routines, etc.)
- Dietary triggers and supplements
- Stress management
- Ergonomics for your home and workplace
- Sensory processing
- Pain communication skills
- Managing headaches in the moment
How It Works
- You will meet individually with an occupational therapist to review your current situation and create a customized plan of action for future sessions.
- Choose individual or group-based sessions for 1-1.5 hours per week, for an average of 8 weeks.
- The result is increased knowledge of how lifestyle choices affect headaches along with enhanced personal control, productivity and life satisfaction.
“This program is more than I thought it could ever be; it opened my eyes to how the ways I live my life affect my headaches.”
“I didn’t realize that they were other people going through the same pain. It helped me to learn from others by relating to their stories.”
– Participant, Lifestyle Redesign for Chronic Headaches
View/download the Lifestyle Redesign® for Chronic Headaches brochure.
Get More Information/Contact Us
To make an appointment, or for more information, contact us today!