General Help and Contacts
Check below for help with specific issues related to accounts/passwords, email, and access to Division resources.
A lot of the information covered here is summarized in our IT handout for new users in the Chan division, which you might like to download/print for easy access:
USC Chan New User IT Handout (updated July 2019)
If you need additional help:
- Please submit all requests for help with Division computers, classroom A/V equipment and other IT using the new IT Support Portal, at help.osot.usc.edu/portal.
Activate your USC NetID
- Use this link to set up your USC (not Chan Division) username and password.
- You’ll use your USC username and password to access your USC email, and any USC resources protected by Shibboleth.
Change your USC NetID Password
- Use this link to change the password associated with your USC (not Chan Division) NetID account.
Reset/Unlock your Chan Division Password
- Use this link if you’ve forgotten your Chan Division password, or your account has been locked.
- Please note that this resource currently must be accessed via Internet Explorer (Windows) or Safari (MacOS).
- Help with setting up Microsoft Outlook to access your Chan Division email and calendars on a Windows PC.
- Help with setting up an iPhone or iPad to access your Chan Division email and calendars.
- This will also allow you to access other Microsoft Exchange information, including contacts and notes.
- Help with forwarding your USC NetID email to your Chan email account.
Web Access to Outlook
- Use this link to get to your Chan Division email anywhere you have access to a web browser.
Access to Division Resources
- You’ll need to install and run Cisco AnyConnect VPN to access Chan Division resources such as the Terminal Server, from outside of USC.
- Resources available on the Chan Division Remote Desktop/Terminal Server include Filemaker Pro, and Adobe Acrobat DC.