Lifestyle Redesign® for Neurological Conditions
Navigating life with a neurological condition can be challenging, given the wide variety of symptoms that can affect movement, sensation, mood and cognition. Our clients may experience difficulty in understanding these changes, especially when it comes to communicating their needs and experiences with the people in their life who matter most. Living with a neurological condition may result in feeling anxious or even hopeless, especially when symptoms begin to impact your ability to engage in the activities that you want, need, or are expected to do.
Occupational therapists specialize in helping people with neurological conditions to optimize function and participation in life’s daily activities. Through a holistic, collaborative approach, our OTs will help you to learn, analyze, and problem-solve strategy use and plans in order to empower you to better manage your neurological condition with confidence.
We can help you to:
- Learn to conserve energy and pace activities in order to better manage your fatigue
- Use self-regulation and mood management strategies to address stress, anxiety, and depression
- Create a restorative sleep routine to improve your sleep quality and daytime energy
- Learn and integrate cognitive, sensory, and organizational techniques to manage cognitive changes
- Develop self-monitoring and tracking routines to increase awareness of your symptoms and sustain lifestyle changes
- Analyze your home and community spaces and use equipment in order to minimize the risk of falling
- Learn to use adaptive equipment for managing physical limitations and improving participation in daily activities
- Develop sustainable routines around physical activity, eating, and fluids
- Increase participation in your social, leisure, and community activities
Get more information/contact us
To make an appointment, or for more information, contact us today!