Lifestyle Redesign® for College Students
For many students, the college and university experience is a time to expand independence, learn about the world and join new communities. It’s an exciting process that can also be incredibly challenging. With more independence comes more choices about using time, pursuing academic goals and engaging in health behaviors. For many college students, it’s also the first time to learn how to independently manage chronic conditions and symptoms such as fatigue, stress, overexertion, and social anxiety.
Our occupational therapists use the Lifestyle Redesign approach to help college students build a foundation of sustainable and healthy habits and routines. We believe that sleep, meal, exercise, and social routines can significantly improve your everyday function and well-being, whether in the classroom, with friends, or in the workplace.
We can help you to:
- Create a balanced lifestyle between your academic studies, personal life, and leisure activities
- Manage stress and anxiety by building healthy coping strategies and routines
- Improve focus and study skills by pacing activities, conserving energy, and modifying your environment
- Address anxieties about social situations and personal relationships including dating
- Create a restorative sleep routine and implement rest and relaxation habits
- Engage in physical activity routines and find ways of maintaining them
- Develop consistent and health-promoting mealtime routines
- Manage chronic conditions, monitor symptom patterns, and address flare-ups
Any USC student looking to see if occupational therapy might be a good fit for their own wellness goals can sign-up for a free 15-minute consultation at USC’s on-campus student health centers:
- Log onto your MySHR
- Click “Schedule an Appointment”
- Select “Occupational Therapy Consultation”
- Choose a date and time that works best for you!
- If you have USC Student Health Insurance, your sessions will be covered with a co-payment. You will need a referral from your USC Student Health Center or Student Counseling.
- For any other insurance plan, we will do a complimentary benefits check to tell you if your plan covers OT and if any co-pays or co-insurances apply. You may need a referral.
- Private pay options are also available.
I really loved that Lifestyle Redesign pushed me to just do things rather than put them off for later. I feel my confidence increased because now I’m doing the things I love and I get more studying done, which makes me feel less stressed about classes and tests.
— Undergraduate USC Student
I don’t know how to describe the huge change you brought to me in such a short time . . . I have a completely different view of myself.
— Graduate USC Student
I learned things about myself that I wouldn’t have learned otherwise, like why I do certain things and what gets in my way.
— Undergraduate USC Student
View/download the Lifestyle Redesign for College Students brochure.
Get more information/contact us
To make an appointment, or for more information, contact us today!