Lifestyle Redesign® for Oncology
Cancer can be one of the greatest challenges that somebody ever faces. Cancer and cancer treatment can have lasting effects on your participation in daily activities and your quality of life. You may experience a variety of symptoms, including fatigue, pain, cognitive changes, bodily changes, depression, anxiety, and stress, while living with cancer and during remission.
Occupational therapists work with you to identify ways to participate in your work, family, and other life roles, to manage side effects and symptoms, to maximize independence in self-care and improve your sense of well-being. Our clients benefit from a personalized plan built through a collaborative process of self-reflection, problem-solving, and integrating skills into new routines. In the face of cancer and into remission, you can create a healthy and more meaningful life through the activities and healthy routines that matter most to you.
We can help you to:
- Understand and cope with a new diagnosis and prognosis
- Learn to use adaptive equipment to manage physical limitations
- Learn methods for managing physical discomfort and pain
- Identify your priorities and build a plan to achieve them
- Manage your energy levels and improve your focus
- Create a restorative sleep routine and implement rest and relaxation habits
- Identify your physical activity preferences and follow-through with participating in them
- Learn principles of healthier eating and successfully integrate them in your own life
- Learn and implement effective routines to manage stress, anxiety, and depression
- Explore meaningful work, leisure, and social activities
View/download the Lifestyle Redesign for Oncology brochure.
Get more information/contact us
To make an appointment, or for more information, contact us today!