Chan Faculty/Staff Resources
Forwarding your USC NetID Email
These instructions will help you to set up automatic forwarding of your USC (NetID) email to your Chan email account. You’ll do this by logging into your USC email account using a web browser and changing the forwarding settings.
There are two slightly different sets of instructions, depending on whether you’re using the old version of Outlook on the web, or the new version. You’ll see which you’re using towards the top of the screen when you’ve logged into your USC email. If it says Try the new Outlook, you’re currently using the old version of Outlook. If it says just The new Outlook, you’re using the new version. (In each case, you can click on the switch control to change from one version to the other.)
If you’re using the old version of Outlook
- From a web browser, go to usc.edu. Click on popular links, and then Office365.
- Login using your USC NetID username and password.
- Click the gear icon (at the top right of the page) to go to Settings, then within the Settings window click Mail.
- In Mail settings, click Forwarding. Check Start forwarding. Enter your Chan email in the Forward my email to box, and then click Save to finish.
If you’re using the new version of Outlook
- Follow steps 1 & 2 above to login to your USC NetID email.
- Click the gear icon (at the top right of the page) to go to Settings, then click View all Outlook settings (at the bottom).
- In the Settings window, click Forwarding. Check Enable forwarding. Enter your Chan email in the Forward my email to box, and then click Save to finish.