Lifestyle Redesign® for Epilepsy
Navigating life with epilepsy can be an overwhelming journey given the physical, mental, and emotional impacts of experiencing seizures. Individuals living with epilepsy may feel like they are constantly on edge as they try to avoid known and potential triggers. This may lead to withdrawal from meaningful roles, routines, and activities despite a desire to participate. As a result of these personal changes, individuals might experience increased social isolation and anxiety about triggering an episode.
Using Lifestyle Redesign, occupational therapists can help individuals living with epilepsy identify optimal ways to engage in life’s daily activities, whether that be managing chores at home or navigating new environments in the community. Occupational therapists collaborate with clients to develop and work towards personalized goals to best support their overall wellness.
We can help you:
- Engage in regular symptom tracking routines to increase insight into triggers
- Manage stress, anxiety, and depression through healthy coping strategies
- Create a restorative sleep routine to manage sleep-related seizure triggers
- Improve adherence to medication management routines
- Improve organization and time management to compensate for any cognitive symptoms
- Implement activity pacing and energy conservation strategies to manage fatigue
- Develop and practice assertive communication strategies for work, school, home, and healthcare contexts
- Increase participation in social, leisure, and community activities
- Develop sustainable routines for physical activity, eating, and water intake
View/download the Lifestyle Redesign for Epilepsy brochure.
Get more information/contact us
To make an appointment, or for more information, contact us today!