Lifestyle Redesign® for Diabetes
If you have diabetes or are at risk for diabetes, then the Lifestyle Redesign® for Diabetes program is for you. By working with an occupational therapist, you will begin to incorporate the lifestyle changes that will prevent or better manage diabetes and improve your overall health and energy.
In the program you will explore topics like:
- Understanding diabetes and chronic conditions caused by diabetes
- Healthy eating
- Exercise and physical activity
- Work/Life Balance
- Stress management
- Managing cultural practices and health
- The latest information on sugar, fat, fiber, protein and carbs
- Happiness in your daily routines
- Engagement in meaningful activities
- Increasing your energy and improving your overall health
- Psychosocial and emotional issues related to healthy habit formation
- Living to successfully prevent or manage diabetes
- Creating a healthcare team that works for YOU!
View/download the 2012 AOTA presentation, OT and Diabetes: Understanding Our Role in Chronic Care Management.
How It Works
- You will meet for 16 weeks in 1 hour group session or 30 minute private sessions.
- You will partner with your OT to determine in which facets of your life you want to begin implementing healthier habits.
- You will reorganize current routines and develop new ones to create a balance of healthy habits.
- Receive support and guidance in implementing recommendation changes from other health professionals.
- The result = a better quality of life, prevention of chronic conditions, management of diabetes, greater energy, improved health, and meeting your personal goals.
View/download the Lifestyle Redesign® for Diabetes brochure.
Get More Information/Contact Us
To make an appointment, or for more information, contact us today!