Lifestyle Redesign® for Diabetes
Regardless of how long you have been diagnosed with diabetes, today is always a good time to implement healthy habits and routines. Successful diabetes management often requires visits to multiple healthcare providers, each of whom have their own recommendations for behavior change. Figuring out how to realistically incorporate all those recommendations can seem overwhelming and challenging, especially with underlying concerns about the potential for complications in the future.
As experts in self-care, habits, and routines, our occupational therapists help you incorporate recommended behavior changes into your daily lives, while taking into consideration factors such as work or school schedules, cultural practices and personal preferences. We also cover healthy eating habits, engaging in physical activity, self-monitoring blood glucose, and taking medications. Over time, our clients begin to feel more confident as they sustain behavior changes that improve energy and health outcomes, while reducing the risk of long-term complications.
We can help you to:
- Understand diabetes and related chronic conditions
- Learn the principles of healthy eating and plan ahead to maximize follow through
- Identify and engage in desired physical activities
- Learn how to effectively manage stress, anxiety and depression
- Learn strategies to support consistent medication adherence and management
- Engage in self-monitoring
- Incorporate strategies to support taking medications
- Manage your health while engaging in social and cultural practices
- Explore meaningful leisure activities
- Improve energy levels and focus in daily activities
View/download the Lifestyle Redesign for Diabetes brochure.
Get more information/contact us
To make an appointment, or for more information, contact us today!