Lifestyle Redesign® for Ergonomics
The USC OT Faculty Practice now conducts all individual ergonomic assessments for the University of Southern California, including (but not limited to) the University Park Campus, Health Sciences Campus, AT&T building downtown, and Marina Del Rey. USC ergonomic assessments are offered at no cost to all USC employees as a benefit. Non-USC employees and patients can also receive ergonomic evaluations. Please contact our front desk for more information about pricing/fees and for a complimentary insurance benefits check.
In your ergonomic session, we can address any of the following:
- Body mechanics during work tasks.
- Good posture and safe movements.
- Recommendations for ergonomic equipment.
- Limiting repetitive motions.
- Pacing and taking breaks throughout the day to improve circulation and limit tension.
- Preventative strategies for ergonomics at work.
If any lifestyle factors such as stress or pain are contributing to ergonomics, it is easy to schedule follow-up sessions for health coaching, pain management, or any of the other programs at OTFP after your ergonomic consult.
How It Works (USC Employees Only)
- Go to the USC Environmental Health & Safety website.
- Click on “Complete an Ergonomic Assessment”, and complete the online self-assessment.
- Implement the recommended changes from the online self-assessment for 8 hours.
- If you still wish to request an in-person evaluation, click on the “Request a Visit” link, which will become available after the 8 hour period has lapsed.
- Our office will receive your request, and we will contact you to schedule your in-person ergonomic workstation evaluation.
View/download the Lifestyle Redesign® for Ergonomics brochure.
Get More Information/Contact Us
To make an appointment, or for more information, contact us today!