Job Vacancies in the Chan Division
Fieldwork Staff Assistant
Posted December 6, 2020
This is a part time position - 20 hours a week.
For nearly 75 years, the University of Southern California has been dedicated to ensuring that people of every age and from every circumstance can live their lives to the fullest – no matter what. Today, the USC Mrs. T.H. Chan Division of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy proudly carries this tradition of leadership forward to improve the quality of life of people and communities across the world.
The Division of Occupational Science & Occupational Therapy is looking for an exceptional Fieldwork Staff Assistant. The Fieldwork Staff Assistant will report to the Director of Academic Fieldwork Education and will support the day to day operations of the Chan Academic Fieldwork team. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Tracking absences in level I and level II fieldwork in EXXAT
- Supporting out of area request processing – creating spreadsheets for individual students, managing, tracking progress and confirmations
- Sending and re-sending evaluation links to fieldwork educators
- Sending bulk email links for FW mailings
- Managing EXXAT issues reported by students and sites by working directly with EXXAT Support
- Managing documents submitted by students and FW sites needing to be uploaded to EXXAT
- Support license verification for level II FW educators in EXXAT
- Assist with scheduling appointments for the FW team including meetings with students and on site visits with new and existing FW sites
- Reserving space for the fieldwork team including various orientations and events
- Taking minutes during fieldwork team meetings
- Assist with event coordination (1) Clinical Internship Seminars for students, 2) Fieldwork Education Seminars for fieldwork educators, 3) AOTA Fieldwork
- Certificate Course and 4) California OT Fieldwork Council (COTFC) annual conferences.
- Coordinate and assist with special projects/tasks/duties and provides other assistance as assigned.
- Creates and maintains charts, graphs, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Answers telephones, routes callers, takes messages, and provides routine information to clients or customers.
- Provides assistance in the day-to-day administration of the department.
- Types and proofs correspondence, memoranda, reports, proposals, technical papers, manuscripts, and other documents as requested.
The successful candidate will possess a proactive work style that anticipates the needs of the department. It is key the candidate be organized, service-oriented, and possess excellent verbal and communication skills.
USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff & their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans; tuition benefits for staff & their family; free professional development online courses; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses & free tram pick up services; discounts to football, basketball & other campus events. To view more information, please visit: https://employees.usc.edu/benefits-perks/
Minimum Education: High school or equivalent Minimum Experience: 1 year Minimum Field of Expertise: Secretarial experience with knowledge of PC software packages such as spreadsheets, word processing, graphics, etc.
REQ20094996 Posted Date: 12/06/2020