Careers at USC Chan
Assistant/Associate Professor of Clinical Occupational Therapy (Open Rank) - ONE-YEAR FIXED TERM
Posted March 14, 2023
The Chan Division of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy at the University of Southern California invites applicants for a full-time clinical faculty position focused on advancing the Division’s knowledge mobilization efforts related to Lifestyle Redesign® (LR). The faculty member will serve as a knowledge broker, developing and maintaining strategic partnerships to strengthen the Division’s relationships and visibility among clinical and community organizations, key external stakeholders, and the general public. Goals of these partnerships include accelerating uptake of LR in diverse clinical and community settings; developing research collaborations to generate and disseminate LR evidence; and identifying unmet community needs (including those related to diversity, access, and equity) amenable to LR approaches.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Conduct outreach, and initiate and maintain ongoing partnerships with community organizations and stakeholders, to support LR research and clinical practice;
• Coordinate in-person and virtual LR events (e.g., workshops, seminars);
• Develop and manage online LR infrastructure (website, database, newsletters, etc.);
• Collect and analyze data, create reports, and review and analyze trends in existing and new LR partnerships to achieve knowledge mobilization goals;
• Analyze regulatory and fiscal policies influencing financial sustainability of the long-term implementation of LR services in various settings;
• Provide knowledge mobilization support to Chan faculty and students (e.g., through the development of community engagement workflows, stakeholder support standards, dissemination resources, workshops, and consultation); and
• Teach LR Graduate Certificate and Continuing Education courses or other academic courses as assigned.
Qualifications include: an earned Doctoral degree (OTD, PhD); clinical experience in Lifestyle Redesign®; previous educational and/or work experience in knowledge mobilization, implementation science, or related field; demonstrated ability to establish and maintain academic-community partnerships; previous online and/or in-person higher education teaching experience; and current license (or eligibility to obtain a license) to practice occupational therapy in California. Bilingual Spanish-speaking candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The annual base salary range for this position is $90,000 - $105,000. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy.
REQ20120093 Posted Date: 03/14/2023
Apply online at https://usccareers.usc.edu/job/los-angeles/assistant-associate-professor-of-clinical-occupational-therapy-open-rank-one-year-fixed-term/1209/46038950000