Monica Guy MA ’22
What area of practice are you interested in?
NICU and early development, acute care & adult rehabilitation, and whatever is to come.
Describe your background before coming to occupational therapy.
Wow! I was a:
- TV news assignment editor, producer & reporter
- In public relations for a school district
- Professional writer
- Professional actor/singer/dancer
- Gymnastics coach and dance teacher
- Owner and director of a children’s dance school (2-19 yrs.)
- Group facilitator for acting improvisation workshops in marginalized settings
- Jewelry designer & owner of “mgjewelry”
- Fragile X Syndrome advocate
If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
Holland, the land of tulips, clogs, windmills, irrigation ingenuity and Amsterdam with many passions on display and Venice, the city on water and rides on gondoliers.
What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
“What you need is within you… that’s it. You did what you could, now let it go… Be kind to yourself.”