Lifestyle Redesign for Chronic Conditions
The Lifestyle Redesign for Chronic Conditions Laboratory led by Beth Pyatak explores the impact of chronic conditions such as diabetes and arthritis on health and well-being, particularly among populations which are medically underserved or at elevated risk for poor health and quality of life.
Research conducted in this lab focuses on identifying unmet needs among such populations which are potentially amenable to occupational therapy intervention; developing and evaluating intervention approaches to address these needs; and identifying strategies to widely disseminate these interventions to positively impact population health and well-being. A variety of research methodologies are used, including quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Function and Emotion in Everyday Life with Type 1 Diabetes (FEEL-T1D) (Principal Investigator: Beth Pyatak)
- Evaluation of a Complex Behavioral Intervention for Young Adults with Diabetes: The Resilient, Empowered, Active Living-Telehealth (REAL-T) Study (Principal Investigator: Beth Pyatak)
- CoYoT1 to California (CTC) — Telemedicine to Engage Young Adults with Diabetes (Principal Investigator: Jennifer Raymond, MD, MCR (Children’s Hospital Los Angeles); Co-Investigator: Elizabeth Pyatak)
- Addressing Uncontrolled Diabetes in Primary Care: A Lifestyle Redesign Approach (Principal Investigator: Beth Pyatak)
- Diabetes Self-Management Lifestyle Intervention for Urban Minority Young Adults (Principal Investigator: Beth Pyatak)
- Beating the Odds: Facilitating Lifestyle Change in Urban Latino Young Adults with Diabetes (Principal Investigator: Beth Pyatak)
- Improving Adherence in Type 1 Diabetes by Peer Mentoring: A Feasibility Study (Subcontract Principal Investigator: Beth Pyatak)
- Helmsley Type 1 Diabetes Transition “Let’s Empower and Prepare” Program (Principal Investigator: Anne Peters)
- Occupational therapy can improve health of young adults with diabetes, USC study shows / USC News
- Self-care among Latinos with diabetes studied / USC News
- Strategies to help manage diabetes / USC News
- Beth Pyatak is a type 1 diabetes researcher, d-wife and new d-mom / Arden’s Day and the Juice Podcast
- Occupational therapy helps young adults with diabetes / Medscape